Thursday night we played "zilch" and and riling game of "nerts". We it was quite entertaining to play with my mom and two aunts. Competitiveness flows in abundance in the Hales blood, and needless to say we had a lot of fun playing. All the women in the Hales family (minus one of my aunts) has read the Twilight series, and were all anxious to see the new movie that came out that is based on the first book of the series. So Friday night, all 23 members of the family that were at Grandma and Grandpa's forged out to the theater. Then men and kids went to Madagasgar 2, while all the women were anxious to see if Edward was as dreamy in the movie as he was described in the book. (I do have to say also that there were two of the guys that also came to Twilight, my cousin, Nicole's husband, Colby, and her brother Mitch. Nicole and Colby are still considered newlyweds and can't stand to be separated...and Mitch was just curious to see what all the girls were so excited about.)

My verdict of the movie...I really enjoyed it! I am not a Twilight fanatic. I have read the books. I found them entertaining. I don't own a t-shirt that says "Edward I will meet you in the meadow at twilight". I took them for what they were, an entertaining story. I felt the same about the movie. I thought it was entertaining. I didn't sit and compare the book and movie the whole way through, I just enjoyed watching it and the characters. In the movie, when Bella said "I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with a vampire", I will say I couldn't help but giggle because of the ridiculousness of the idea, but I did enjoy it. (Sorry Kara!)
As sad as I was to see this season of gratitude pass, I am always filled with excitement when the Christmas season is before us. I know this sounds cheesy, but to me, Christmas seems too always feel magical. Anything can happen, and life seems perfect. Yesterday was spent at the mall shopping. This is a staple of the Christmas season. The stores were filled with sales and excited shoppers. Tis the season!
I was sad to have to let my parents and sister drive home to New Harmony. Since I have moved further away I have come to treasure the time I get with them even more! I guess I will just have to start my countdown until I get to see them again on December 23!
It was fun to come home today and see my roommates. Our friends Mandy, Bethany, and Marnae came over for Sunday dinner. After we played games and just chatted. Let's just say that I was completely off my game and quite possibly played the worst game of "zilch" I have ever played.
Then tonight after ward prayer, Jennica, Hali and I came home a decided to decorate our Christmas tree. I always get filled with child-like excitement when it comes to Christmas trees. I love turning on the Christmas music and placing the ornaments on the tree. My favorite thing in the whole world to do during the holiday season is at night to turn off all the lights in the house, except for the Christmas tree, and then just sit and think. I feel so happy and at peace when I am doing this. So I hope everyone is able to get into the Christmas spirit. Find a way to do something nice for someone else and brighten their day. Happy December!



4 comments:
"FARKLE!!!" Ha ha... I heart us sometimes. Seriously. There's nothing better than rockin' the Christmas tree in your PJ's. Love you Pace-face. Get feeling better soon, so the adventures can continue! ;)
HALI! I wanted to say FARKLE first! Even though it is a dirty word.
I love Christmas too, especially at our house. It is entirely too magical! Oh, and I love our cookies. The ones we just got and the ones we will soon have. Thanks for being all covert like that!
Blah! Lame! That movie was horrible!
I found you!! It took some googling to find your blog, but here I am. I guess a phone call would have been faster. Anyway, you inspired me and my latest post is dedicated to you! I even changed my back ground. Last weekend was great!! I know I am the worst nerts player on the planet, but it was fun! Are you sick? Jayne has been too. Well check out my blog. Love aunt sue
Post a Comment