Sunday, November 9, 2008

Road Trip to Southern Utah

This last weekend I had my much needed escape to Southern Utah, my home sweet home! I was the counselor facilitator at Governor's Honor's Academy with SUU this last summer, and we had a reunion for all the high school kids and counselors who attended. I got to spend some quality time with friends and family, but of course the weekend was way too short!

Thursday at 3 PM sharp, I made my way down I-15 toward Cedar City. Just under three hours later I found my heart feeling the happiness of home as I saw Cedar Valley and the red rocks of Cedar Mountain. I stopped by the school to see my friends Jon and Liz. (The school is their second home) I spent some time with Quinn and Leslie Mortensen at their home. They have two adorable little girls, Morgan and Callie, who I babysat this last summer. It was so fun to see the girls. Callie (1 year old) can now walk and says a few words, which is adorable! Morgan is almost four and a half now and acts like she is fourteen. She updated me on all the boys who chase her at school. (One little boy even proposed to her recently!) I got to hear her speaking parts for the primary program in church, and she even sang me the first verse of Called to Serve. It was so much fun to see these cute girls and chat with their wonderful parents. Before I made my way to New Harmony I had to stop and see my two cowboys, Jordan and Ryan. Bless Ryan's heart for feeding me some much needed (and delicious I might add) food! By the time I made it home it was eleven, and my parent welcomed me home as they crawled into bed.

I spent all day friday getting everything together and ready for them. My sister Meggie ditched school (with my parents permission) and played with me for most of the day. It was fun to spend time and get to go out to lunch with her!

Me and my sister, Megan. She kept taking pictures when I was driving! Crazy girl!



The reunion with about 30 of the 49 GHAers was a lot of fun! The director's and counselors all were exhausted and content to just chill on the couches and chat. The kids all had fun and were full of energy. By 2 AM, all of us counselors and directors decided we couldn't survive anymore and finally went to sleep. The kids on the other hand stayed up all night playing games and having way too much fun. I remember those days when I could stay up all night....I didn't realize I was getting old! Me, Megan, and Liz tried to stay up and have pillow talk, but as I was bearing my soul I realized they had fallen asleep on me. I guess at all good slumber parties there has to be that one girl that continues to talk while everyone else falls asleep. (How embarrassing!) None the less, it was a fun reunion!

The crowd from the 2008 GHA Reunion

This was supposed to be our thoughtful faces...nice face Meg!

Meg, Liz and I: Closer the faces, the better the friends!

I got to spend a great evening with my parents Saturday night! Yay for Mom's homemade dinners! To stay ahead of the weather I had to leave about 11 this morning. Thanks to my friend Megan who rode back with me! It is always nicer when you don't have to drive by yourself! It was good to be back home in Orem. As always I was glad to see my roommates again...safe and happy (thank goodness!) So here goes another week!

[P.S. I know I never blogged in detail about it, but the Joshua Radin/Missy Higgins concert was AMAZING! Music was great, company was great....overall it was a fun night! I can't wait until they come to Salt Lake again!]

5 comments:

KFinley said...

You didn't sleep in OUR room did you?

Looks like a blast!

The Funderburks said...

It was so great to see you for just a minute! You are such a doll. Good job on the GHE Reunion. It looks like a success. So funny about Morgan's proposal.

Megan said...

Oh Linds.... I knew you were going to post some crazy pictures of us... Thanks for the drive home! You are great!

Hali said...

Safe and happy (thankfully ;).

Glad you're home!

Lacie said...

Come to SUU and I don't even see you. Sad news. Thats okay I still KENT you forever and ever. Yes the news is correct! Things happen you know, I'm not as good as some old Housing friends we know. ;) Well hope all is well for you! Love ya and quadruple KENT(I don't know if thats how you spell that.)