So here we go, the updates and anecdotes of my life from the last two and half months.
I decided to end the summer with one last road trip. On Saturday, August 9th I packed up my little Hyundai as much as possible and hit I-15 northbound. I signed my contract for the apartment I am now living in with the fabulous Hali and Jennica. I quickly dropped stuff off and tried to settle in a little bit, before leaving bright and early the next morning to meet up with Jon McNaughtan in Heber City to head on our way up to Bear Lake for a three day vacation. It felt like we did a little bit of everything. Me and my friend Jon, Kyler, Cam, Kevin, and Rachel stayed at Megan Miller's cabin that had an amazing view of the lake. The next couple of days we spent part of the day tubing, boating, four wheeling, and topped it all off playing on the waverunners. (Which it felt like we were spending more time being thrown off then anything else...but isn't that the point) We even took enough down time to watch some of Michael Phelps unbelievable olympic races. It was the best way to finish off the summer.
After Bear Lake, reality hit when I moved to Orem and began the job hunt. Just a little advice to all of you who currently have jobs...hold on to them for your dear lives! Searching for employment is no picnic! Spending hours on the internet, searching for jobs, sending in cover letters and resumes, and then interviewing is a whole other party. Moral of the story, just appreciate the job you currently have...because I promise it could be worse.
So my six weeks of unemployment weren't all that bad. There was much quality time with my new roommates. Jennica and I went on a kick of watching classic movies, all in the attempt to possible educate Hali. It may not have worked, but I enjoyed becoming acquainted with overwhelmingly talented Humphrey Bogart, Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, and Deborah Kerr.
There is no questioning the good times we have had! It seems that we tend to get into little habits around the house that last for a week or two. For example: The first two weeks I lived in Orem, we watched the movie Hairspray every day. Hali is a creature of habit, and it is hard to resist such a fantasic movie that has John Travolta as a woman in a fat suit and the adorable Zach Efron with his charming smile. Jennica bought the boardgame, Scrabble, in the attempts to broaden our vocabularies. Which is funny because I frequently have to ask Jennica the meaning of some of the eloquent words she uses. But to date, the highest scoring word is credited to Hali with the word vampire, scoring 72 points. That's right. We know how to have a good time!
I did manage a trip back to Southern Utah right before the end of my unemployment. It was Homecoming at SUU, and after a month and a half I desperately needed to see my family and friends. I got to drop by the Presidential Ambassador Alumni Reunion to see a lot of my friends, and then my little sister, Megan, and I went to the football game to cheer the T-birds on. This trip home was just the remedy to my homesickness and it was wonderful to spend time in my favorite place in the world!
As I was driving back to Orem that Monday afternoon I received the phone call from BYU offering me a job in the registration department within the Division of Continuing Education. I started the job the next morning at 8 am. This is my forth week and has been such a relief to be back in the working world. I think my sanity is a little more in tact and I love the people I work with. I do have to say that I am forever loyal to my T-Birds, but I also can cheer for the Cougars on the side!
I turn 23 a couple weeks ago! And let me tell you, it was a memorable day! Janice, one of my co-workers made a beautiful cake which we got to enjoy. My sister, Allie, took me to lunch, and when I got home I had a little surprise waiting in my bed...Zac Efron. No, not the real person, but the cardboard standup of the teenage (and young adult) hearthrob! I mentioned the obsession of Hairspray at our house, well let me also mention at this time the obsession with High School Musical. Hali educated Jennica and I by having us watch the first two HSM, and let me tell you, we are counting down the 9 days until HSM 3 hits the big screen. Don't be surprise if someday you see us out on the town with Zac at our side! [This is where I insert the disclaimer: I don't know about Hali and Jennica, I am not really in love with Zac Efron. It has been a running joke gone bad...and I don't want to hurt my reputation by allowing everyone to think I am in love with this teenage sensation.]
I am slowly adjusting to life in happy valley. I have tried to get more involved with my ward to get to know people. It is a lot harder to be social when you aren't in college. I have had many fun adventures! Ice blocking, going to the RS General Conference in SL with my roomies, and believe it or not dating a little bit more too! New experiences are abundant, and I am just holding on with both hands. So until next time!
More pictures of fun in the 801!

The End.












4 comments:
I'm so happy to hear an update on your life! It looks like you're having so much fun!
That pic of you and Jordan looks a little Engagement Picy. :)
Although I am disappointed in your transition to Cougar land, I am glad you're doing well...
NO. YOU. DIDN'T.
YES. SHE. DID.
Thank for blogging roomy. FYI, your roomies really are the COOLEST, and we only harp because we love your face!
Post a Comment