5 Reasons I love Miss Hali Lyn Nielsen!
1. I love that Hali develops little obsessions. For example: The week I moved into the apartment, she watched the movie Hairspray everyday. (To think of it...I think it was on at least everyday for two weeks!) The week before that, she was on a "Sound of Music" kick and watched that one almost daily. I have also realized that she develops little obsessions with music. Her and Jennica went to Wicked in California last week, and since they have been home we have constantly listened to Wicked. (Which I don't mind at all!) It is not a rare occasion for her to be getting ready in the bathroom and her to be listening to a song on repeat. (Taylor Swift's new song, Love Story is one such song.) I love Hali for these wonderfully quirky obsessions!
2. Hali makes the most delicious caramel popcorn! It is the most gooey and amazing treat for the mouth you could ever enjoy. It has been a recent treat that she has been favoring us with. All I can say is that is tasty, but we tend to want to eat the entire bowl in one sitting! Bless her heart for making this scrumptious snack.
3. I love that I met Hali my senior year of high school at the SUU PA Weekend, and we have been great friends since! We both were involved in Presidential Ambassadors, we both were Communication majors. My senior year of college I actually moved into the room she had just moved out of after she graduated from SUU...So we also both enjoyed Miss Caytee Cox as a roommate before the got married! She was paving the way to Utah County and encouraging me to follow her up. Thus began the master plan to be roommates once I finally graduated the year after her. We never knew what would become of us when we met clear back when we were 18!
Yes, we are all 18 in this picture!4. I am amazed at the drive and motivation that Hali has, and it is a quality I admire and hope to one day obtain even a particle of what she has. Hali works incredible hard at setting and obtaining goals. She is the gym rat of the apartment, and I wish I had some of the same motivation she has to get myself to the gym after a long day at work. That girl is going to go far because she accomplishes what she sets her mind to!
5. Yesterday afternoon Hali planned a Halloween dinner and activity for us to do together as roommates! She is an amazing cook, and made the most delicious pork chop and potato dinner for us to enjoy! Because of her we were able to sit down and enjoy our first actual meal together as roommates in our new apartment. (This is a little sad, because we have been living together for over three months now!) After dinner, Hali surprised us with the activity for the night, which ended up being carving pumpkins! Jennica actually pranced through the room when she found out what we would be doing! Thanks Hali for the wonderful dinner and fun roommate bonding night!
5. Yesterday afternoon Hali planned a Halloween dinner and activity for us to do together as roommates! She is an amazing cook, and made the most delicious pork chop and potato dinner for us to enjoy! Because of her we were able to sit down and enjoy our first actual meal together as roommates in our new apartment. (This is a little sad, because we have been living together for over three months now!) After dinner, Hali surprised us with the activity for the night, which ended up being carving pumpkins! Jennica actually pranced through the room when she found out what we would be doing! Thanks Hali for the wonderful dinner and fun roommate bonding night!





5 Reasons why I love Miss Jennica Lyn Dorsey!
1. Jennica is the QUEEN of Pop Culture! She knows endless amounts of random facts and trivia from music and movies! When I first moved in, Jennica was on a "We need to educate Hali concerning the wonderful world of classic movies" rampage. I was thrilled to join in on this endeavor, because she has seen so many more older movies than I have, and I felt I was being educated also. Only Jennica would have dreams that "Branjolina" were possibly going to be on the same Halloween graveyard tour in Boston as she was...only to be disappointed in her dream to find out they ended up picking a different tour, and alas...she wouldn't get to meet Hollywood's hottest couple. She has also encouraged my music education. I gained a love of Joshua Radin, Ingrid Michaelson, and Brandi Carlile since moving in with Jennica. So much to the point I am going to a Joshua Radin concert this week, and am quite disappointed Jennica won't be coming too. (I do know how much she is in love with Joshua!) Did I mention she is an amazing guitarist with a voice to go with it? I am hoping maybe she will teach me some of her mad skills!2. I lucked out having Jennica as a roommate, because I didn't really know her when Hali and I decided to be roommates. Jennica is an amazing listener and always has great advice. The other night I came home, feeling awkward and confused after an encounter with a certain boy...and she boosted my confidence, and told me that I hadn't acted like an idiot around him. (That is one thing a girl needs to hear when she feels vulnerable!) I love that she is my sounding board, and I can always trust she will give me words of wisdom that I can trust.

3. Jennica is definitely the artsy one in the apartment. I love how she finds beauty in things that most people don't notice right off the bat. She can go through a magazine, clip out random things, and put it all together in a collage that will amaze anyone. Believe it or not, she even has artsy handwritting! I think I am the complete opposite when it comes to being creative, so I admire the way Jennica can see the world.
4. I love that Jennica will watch High School Musical with Hali and I just to humor us. I know that it is not something she really loves and appreciates, but she does it because she loves her roomates! She just realizes that "We're all in this together" and if we want to watch and listen to the teeny-boppers once in a while, she won't be the one to stop us.
5. Jennica is quite the world traveler, and it's something I quite admire. Sometimes I feel like I live vicariously through her stories of traveling to different countries. She actually went to Hawaii for a week, by herself! She escaped out of Korea after having worked for a horrible employer. She has been to Disneyland California, Paris, and Japan...as well as Disneyworld! She has been to Rome, Italy, which is the place I would love to go more than anywhere else in the world! So even if I don't get to go to all these places...she humors me while sharing all of her fun stories.
So as you can see, I have fantastic roommates! They are both leaving me for the week because of their jobs and I will miss them terribly! So Hali and Jennica, travel safe and see you soon!

5 comments:
Awwww.... I LOVE you gals! Have a great week! I'll see you soon
Oh my gosh. You do have fabulous roommates. I am pretty sure that I love me now too!! What luck!
Seriously, I maybe almost cried a teensy, tinsy bit. You are the best. Are your blogs are certainly NOT boring.
I am glad that I have you two and that we're all in this together!!
I love you and Hali and what the heck even though I don't know her I love Jessica! Sometimes I miss the single life. You three seem to be soaking it all up! Keep it up! I Love you tonz
Let me tell you I owe you a million kents because you are amazing. I miss see you around, but it looks like you are having a great time. I have an institute class with your father this semester, so sometimes I get to hear about you or Ally. I love you and hope all is well.
You guys are hilarious!! I found your blog through Lacie's. It's good to see you girls are still making life a blast!
Post a Comment