Monday, August 4, 2008

Summer Fun!

The summer has blown past, and I can hardly believe it is almost over. It hasn't really set in yet that I won't be starting classes again in a few weeks. However, my mind seems to be preoccupied with finding a job. It is definitely not a pursuit that is a lot of fun, but I am definitely learning a lot about the process of finding a job as well as a lesson or two in patience!

So a quick overview of my summer is in order. The majority of my summer was spent as an EFY counselor. It was an unforgettable experience! I learned a lot about teenage girls...maybe more than I cared to be reminded of from my own teen years not too long ago. I was reminded how awkward I felt when I was fourteen and fifteen (that happened to be the age group that I spent the most time with throughout my weeks at EFY). I remember my mind was constantly on pleasing everyone around me and just trying to fit in. Those are definitely growing years! I loved the other counselors I met from all over the country. I made a lot of great friendships that I hope to maintain past this summer. (Sorry readers, no EFY romances for me! I know some of you wonder!) This last weekend was my last of five sessions, which were located throughout the state. (BYU, U of U, and SUU). I am sad that it is over, but I am welcoming the rest that I am catching up on!




I spent two of my weeks this summer involved again with Governor's Honors Academy at SUU as the Counselor Facilitator. It was a different experience this time around not being as directly involved with the participants I was last year, but I did love the time I had getting to know the counselors and directors better. I feel like I already had a great relationship with all of these people going into GHA, so it was nothing but a good time as we went throughout the academy!

Probably the low of the summer was getting all four of my wisdom teeth out! Sorry to say I wouldn't let my mom take pictures, so imagine this: my cheeks were so swollen that I could hardly fit a spoon in my mouth to eat pudding! Needless to say, the lortab and ibuprofen did help my aching mouth for those two weeks of pain. I am just happy that I will never had to go through that again!

So that is the update til now. I found an apartment living in Orem with my friend Hali and her co-worker Jennica. (Or I should say, Hali found the apartment!...Bless her heart!) I am really excited to be moving up North, scared to death of the change, but I know it will be really good for me! Like I said earlier, I JUST NEED TO FIND A JOB!!! I am waiting to hear about a job I have been interviewing for, and I should hear one way or another sometime this week. So please pray for me! I will be sure to include pictures of the new apartment when I get up there and moved in!

Well, I better sign off! Til next time...which according to my track record with blogging, may be awhile!

4 comments:

KFinley said...

Clean up that track record! You'd better be on here more - I love hearing your stories!

EFY looked like a blast! Plus, I loved seeing you and Kat! Cute girls! Miss you tons!

Liz Cox said...

Lindsay. How did I ever lose track of you? This is Liz Black Cox. Will you be my friend?

Scott and Haley said...

You posted this blog forever ago, and I have gotten in the habit of not checking your blog because you didn't post! Hooray for Pace is posted! I love you and I am so happy for you. YOu and Hali will have a blast! Keep posting

Kirk said...

um... you are grounded.......you didn;t come say goodbye..... :(I love you still anyway