Thursday, May 28, 2009

Warm Fuzzies!

Today during my lunch break I joined my sister at the Special Olympics soccer games that were being held on BYU's campus, right behind the building where I work. Allie is an ER technician at the Utah Valley Hospital, and she volunteered to work at the first aid tent for this weekend's Utah Special Olympics. I was reminded of several important things today as I watched these amazing people play soccer.


Whenever any of the players fell over or was hit by the ball, all their teammates and even opponents would stop chasing the ball in order to make sure that one player was going to be okay. It was so much fun to cheer both teams on for every little triumph, as well as encourage with any missed goal. We made a friend named Ryan who was a big soccer fan. The best thing was to see him smile so big whenever we cheered him on. I can tell that he truly loves life and everyone he meets. He is an example that I know I need to follow a little more often. Even though life sometimes can be tough, and not always work out how we plan, there is nothing that a little optimism can't help!

3 comments:

Allie Pace said...

OH!!! Love ya sis

suzanne said...

Oh, definately gave me warm fuzzies. Love ya!!

Kirk said...

I love going to the olympics at BYU. I wasn't able to go this year though. I was sad. My friend competes there every year.

Kirk