I don't think I can even describe the excitement I felt as I saw my missionary brother step off that plane. It was so incredibly good to see him! The two dreams I had while he was gone, became reality when I threw my arms around his neck and broke out sobbing with happiness! (I am kind of a baby!) He was such a wonderful reunion. We had such a neat experience as we sat with him in our stake president's office when he was release as a full-time missionary. I was moved to tears (again) as I felt the power in his testimony that his spoke in the Spanish language he could now speak so fluently. We didn't get home that night until about mid-night and then stayed up until about 2:30 just catching up.
It has been so much fun to have him all to ourselves this weekend! It feels like he never left. I am so impressed with the ways that he has grown. He is a great example to me and I am so excited to have him home again!
Elder Pace's welcoming committee, complete with Grandpa and Grandma Pace
Friday, the family (with the exception of Meg who had to go back to school) headed down to St. George to find some clothes for Dave, and also to look into getting him a car so he wouldn't have to be completely dependent on our parents for a ride. My little Hyundai has been getting to the point where I have been a little stressed whether it was going to survive for too much longer, so I went planning on looking to see if I could find a new car also. Dave ended up feeling still a little too overwhelmed to get a car, but I quickly fell in love and traded my faithful little car of five year in for a 2004 Honda Accord!
Me and my new baby!
I have been so excited about my new purchase. The only sad thing that after two years of not having a car payment, I am back in the saddle again! But I feel confident that I got a great deal. It is a 2004 Honda Accord. It is a certified vehicle (meaning that it had to pass a 150 point inspection), and only has 47,500 miles on it. It only had one owner before me, and they kept it in amazing shape. There are no dents or scratches and it is in fantastic condition inside and out. It feels like its brand new! My parent's now feel a lot more comfortable as I travel around in a more dependable car.
Saturday Morning I found myslef getting out of bed at 4:45 am in order to get ready and be at SUU by 5:45 am to help with my Alma Mater's commencement ceremony. This will be the fourth year that I have helped with graduation, and it was an especially neat experience for two reasons. First, it has now been a year since I graduated from SUU. It is hard to believe because it has passed by so quickly! I love the ceremonious feeling of the day. There is such an feeling of excitement in the air and I love being a part of these events. I was able to see so many of my friends walk in the graduates march. I am so proud of each one of them!

Second, President Thomas S. Monson was the speaker and awarded an honorary doctorate degree for public service. It was so neat to stand just feet away from the Lord's servant of this day! I could tell in how he treated people that he truly tries to exemplify the Savior in all he does. I feel so blessed to live where I do, that I have the frequent opportunity to hear the words and counsel from propeht's and apostles who live on earth and are called of God. It was a fantastic day!
It definitely has been a week to remember. The best part was just being able to spend time with my family and catch up with friends I haven't seen for a while. It is times like these were I realized how truely blessed I am for the people who surround me! So I will end off this post with a few more fun pictures from the weekend.
Saturday Morning I found myslef getting out of bed at 4:45 am in order to get ready and be at SUU by 5:45 am to help with my Alma Mater's commencement ceremony. This will be the fourth year that I have helped with graduation, and it was an especially neat experience for two reasons. First, it has now been a year since I graduated from SUU. It is hard to believe because it has passed by so quickly! I love the ceremonious feeling of the day. There is such an feeling of excitement in the air and I love being a part of these events. I was able to see so many of my friends walk in the graduates march. I am so proud of each one of them!

Second, President Thomas S. Monson was the speaker and awarded an honorary doctorate degree for public service. It was so neat to stand just feet away from the Lord's servant of this day! I could tell in how he treated people that he truly tries to exemplify the Savior in all he does. I feel so blessed to live where I do, that I have the frequent opportunity to hear the words and counsel from propeht's and apostles who live on earth and are called of God. It was a fantastic day!
It definitely has been a week to remember. The best part was just being able to spend time with my family and catch up with friends I haven't seen for a while. It is times like these were I realized how truely blessed I am for the people who surround me! So I will end off this post with a few more fun pictures from the weekend.





7 comments:
You did have the best week ever! Your family is adorable and so is the new edition! I am sure it has been great, but we are excited for you to come back! Travel safely in your BRAND NEW car!!!
I have to agree with Linds it was a very memorable weekend I am sure glad to have my twin home!!!! Thanks for the great weekend fam I love you guys
I love the signage! You guys are so much fun! Welcome home Elder Pace!
Pace Sauce - you bought a new car! Whoohoo! That is so amazing - congrats!
What an awesome week!!! Congrats on having your brother home AND getting a car! :-)
Thank you so much for posting thoughts and pictures. I almost felt like I was there, minus the hugs. That will have to wait for next week. He does look great! I can't wait to see you guys. And congrats on the new car! It's beautiful. Good luck with the women's conference aftermath. It was amazing.
1. You are totally a Honda Accord girl. Suits you well.
2. Love love love your parents house-It's beautiful.
3. My brother went the same mission your brother did. Cool.
Um... I'm slow :).
Love the pics. You guys are too fun. And LOVE the car. Yay for white hondas!
Post a Comment