Sunday, January 18, 2009

Steak and Hamburgers

Yesterday my dad asked me to ride up the field with him to do a little farm work. I can't tell you how much I love helping on the farm, the smell of manure mixed with mud and alfa-afla just makes me ecstatic. So off we went on the John Deere to do whatever thrilling task my dad had in store. As we were driving up to the corral, I noticed the new baby calves that I can admit are pretty cute. But when I found out that we had to get the bull and a baby calf into the corral, that is were my good sentiments ended. After chasing the stupid, no good animals around for about an hour I decided that I am okay with the fact that the once-cute calf was being corralled for the singular purpose of fattening up so we could make it our food storage. (I know, that sounds heartless, but you go try and herd the stupid thing into the pen and then tell me you don't feel the same way I do!) So next spring any one is invited to enjoy a BBQ compliments of Bessie!

4 comments:

KFinley said...

Fresh killed Bessie-delicious! Do you get to take a quarter cow back with you to Happy Valley?

Allie Pace said...

HOW MUCH YOU LOVE HELPING ON THE FARM!!! That made me laugh out loud! haha your funny i love ya!
Allie

Holly said...

I agree with Allie! I really laughed out loud. That does sound fun though! (Except the chasing the cow part!) It would be nice to get out and do something.Love ya

Leslie said...

I have herded cows before...I like steak better! Hope life is good for you. We miss you