Saturday, September 5, 2009

Rise and Shout the Cougars are OUT!!!

Tonight I was in the middle of the ultimate BYU experience when the Cougars defeated No. 3 ranked Oklahoma state. My new roomie, Amy, and I went over to a football party that some guys in the ward were throwing to cheer on our team on the road. It was so much fun to be surrounded by VERY enthusiastic fans and jump around, screaming until we couldn't scream anymore, watching the Cougs play such an exciting game.


Half time entertainment included and pinata resembling a Sooner's football player. No worries...we beat it down and enjoyed the spoils. It was foreshadowing of things to come!



The party the broke out after was sheer craziness! Everyone was running through the streets shouting and cheering. We ran with the mass of students up to the center of campus and then on to ring the victory bell at the Marriott Center. Everyone was yelling, clapping, cheering, and singing.




This was a great start to a great football season. I am excited that I get to go to all of the football games. I know my Dad (who is a Ute fan to the core) is a little sad to see my enthusiasm for the Cougars, but I am all for supporting the school who gives me my paycheck! After tonight, I feel like I have experienced a rite of passage in becoming a true BYU football fan...so rise and shout the cougars are out!!!

P.S. Don't be confused....I am still a T-Bird through and through! I was excited to hear they creamed the Dixie Rebels, and am sad I missed that game. Go T-Birds!

No comments: