About a week ago I moved again, the last time for at least a year, to Kensington Apt. 4. I am relieved to have a little bit of stability. My roommates are fun girls, and I am excited to get to know them better. I have decided to take this whole BYU housing experience by storm and get as involved as possible. I even signed up for two intramural sports teams. This fall I will be playing both women's and coed volleyball. I am really excited to play and get to know more people. I also purchased a BYU All Sports Pass, which means I will be attending all of the BYU football games! Go Cougars!

This last week as also kind of a scary week for my family. As many of you may have heard the Mill Flat Fire had a devastating influence on my hometown of New Harmony. This fire that started out as a small control fire, over the weekend turned into a full blown forest fire. Our little town has dealt with out of control forest fires before, but not quite to this magnitude. My family was even affected by it's fiery reaches. Several hundred acres of our mountain property burned, including some of the pastureland for our cattle and the haystack we have been building up as the cows' winter food storage. I received a frantic call from my little sister at two o'clock one morning telling me that the fire was headed the direction of our home, and the firemen hadwoke them all up and ordered them to get out. All I can say is that I know our Father in Heaven listens to our prayers and is mindful of your every need. I am so grateful our home was spared from this scary fire. The pictures below are courtesy of Deseret News. It is so sad to see these pictures of my hometown and the once normal views from just out our back windows.









Last, but not least, I am going on another trip. Why you might ask? Well, because I am single, young, wild & free. This is the best time to take advantage of these things. So come November 19, I am leaving on a jet place for Washington D.C.! My lovely former roomies and I are going to wreck havoc on the Nation's capitol. I can hardly wait! The countdown is on!

P.S. Speaking of countdown, my 24th birthday is in 27 days!
No comments:
Post a Comment