Sometimes everyone needs a little cultural experience, and that is what I had last Saturday afternoon. Each year, the Hare Krishna's (a Hindu religious group), hold the color festival at their temple in Spanish Fork, UT. It is a celebration that welcomes in the spring season in a very unique way, and it has become quite the social event among the single adults in Utah County. It was quite the spectacle when the announcer said go and thousands of people threw colored chalk in the air. The crowd immediately became engulfed in a cloud of bright pink, yellow, green, and blue. I went with my roommates and a big group from the ward, and we had the time throwing chalk at each other. (I do realize how weird this sounds.) We did get some great pictures as proof of how dirty we were by the end, and I have never appreciated a clean shower as much as I did that night!

Notice how CLEAN we are!





I could hardly breathe!


Now notice how clean we are NOT!
All in the name of culture!
2 comments:
Hooray for chalk, color and culture!
That is sooo cool!! I've never heard of it. Do you have to be single to attend? That looks like something I definately want to experience. It's great to be reading your blog again. I have been MIA for awhile.
Post a Comment