So I haven't been a long time gone, but I have taken a small leave of absence from the blogging world. My Bad! All I can say is that life gets busy, but I do have a few fun pictures to share from the fun times I have been having!

For Enrichment Night we have been practicing our domesticity as we made a couple of cute baby blankets Sis. Brooks in our ward. All I can say about that is Mandy and I made a great team sewing the blocks together...it might have been a little scary for those watching us, but we did our part without losing ANY fingers (even though there may have been a couple close calls!)

Here are the finished products! I am contemplating future attempts and making these cute rag blankets again!

We have had plenty of fun times at the apartment. And we did learn a few things about each other...

Hali has "special" abilities and she gets kind of funny when she is tired and its late.

All three of us are also contemplating careers and appearances on America's Next Top Model. Tyra Bank, look out! Here we come!


Another symptom of Hali's late nights and lack of sleep sometimes coincides with her creative side. When she is really, really tired...she likes to scrapbook pancakes. Isn't it cute?

This last weekend was dubbed a "girls weekend of fun"! Mandy, Bethany, Marnae, & Chelsee came over and we spent the evening making homemade pizza! I am now a pizza dough maker extraordinaire!

This look on my face isn't so much a look of enthusiasm, but a look of terror!



The night continued on as we pulled out our three big mattresses into the family room and projected a movie onto the wall. We had our very own movie theater!


Saturday morning we woke and made a birthday breakfast for Chelsee. Jennica wanted to recreate Hali's wonderful scrapbook pancake, but in edible form and this is what we came up with!




Saturday was action packed with more fun activities. That afternoon we had great plans to drive up past Sundance and hike Stewart Falls, but believe it or not there is still quite a bit of snow this time of year. As much I wanted to hike in my Chacos sandals and shorts, we ended up making it to the trail-head, changing Mandy's flat tire, and then driving back down. It was an entertaining afternoon drive even if we didn't get to hike!
Later that night we gathered at Marnae's parent's home and had a fire along with tin foil dinners and roasted smores. Even though we had to wait an hour an a half for dinner to cook, it was still worth it!


Last but not least on my little update, today at work Janna and I made a paper chain countdown to a few exciting events that are coming up in the next month! I leave for Chicago in 18 days. I am going to the Brandi Carlile concert in 24 days. And best of all...my brother gets home from his mission in 35 days! So the days are going to fly by (I hope) and I will be counting down with my spring countdown chain!


The final ring...ELDER PACE COMES HOME FROM THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, April 29th!
So there is the update on what has been going on. A picture says a thousand words...so here are several pictures! So until next time!
3 comments:
You're DEAD!!!
I know where you sleep! Bwahahaha!
Wow it looks like you guys have way too much fun around there. That is so exciting that your brother comes home so soon.
Suzy Homemaker! You are certainly turning into a crafty woman - cooking and sewing in one blog! Have you thought any more about making a 4 hr drive over to Lansing? Tee hee hee!
Post a Comment