Monday, April 6, 2009

Ooops!

As many of you know I work at Brigham Young University. Each morning when I get to work I pick up the Daily Universe, the university newspaper, and read it when I get to my desk. (My favorite sections are the police beat and letters to the editor...I get quite a kick out of the things that people think of! Reference a past blog post by my witty roommate for evidence to this statement: http://missjennica.blogspot.com/2008/10/it-could-always-be-worse.html). Well this morning in the paper was the traditional conference weekend in review; complete with pictures and summaries of the talks. At about mid-morning a certain picture and caption was brought to my attention that is just too priceless for me to not share.

For those of you who can't catch what the caption says, it reads as follows: "Members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostates and other general authorities raise their hands in a sustaining vote Saturday morning during the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' Annual General Conference held in the conference center in Salt Lake City." (Italics added for emphasis)

Oops! I would hate to be the newspaper editor that missed that little typo! The newspapers campus wide were picked up to avoid further circulation. The Daily Universe Website published this statement: "In printed copies of Monday's Daily Universe, due to a spelling error in a photo caption, the word "apostles" was replaced with a different word. The Daily Universe apologizes to the Quorum of the Twelve and our readers for the error." Again...Oops!


5 comments:

Hali said...

HA HA HA....

[Tear] I'm so proud.

Regs said...

That is hilarious. Gotta love BYU. :-) Thank you for sharing!

Bags said...

Oh snap!

Amy said...

dude that is great!! it was good to see you this weekend, i am sure we will be seeing more of you in byu-ville! our blog is codyamysmith.blogspot.com!!

Caytee said...

Dad came home and told us about it. Oops is right!