Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Let down your emotional hair."

I am always up for new things. So when my roommate, Jennica, suggested that we get up in the mornings to do yoga I thought that it sounded like fun. For several weeks now, we have been crawling out of bed at 6:15 to roll out our yoga mats for our new early morning ritual. (I assure you that there are serious pep talks that I have to use to coax my self to get out of bed.) I actually have really enjoyed it! Granted, the instructors on the DVD's can be a a bit on the cheesy side, always speaking in calm, relaxed tones, saying things like: "Grace is here, Grace is always here." or "Let down your emotional hair". But I really do enjoy getting a great workout that is also very relaxing & invigorating. (Exercise relaxing?! But its true!) So if you find yourself a little high strung and your body feels in need of a recharge, yoga might not be a bad option! Namaste!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Morgan does "the olga". She learned it at preschool. Next time you come down maybe you two can get together and practice!

Katie said...

yoga! how fun!

Unknown said...

Raise your sails and catch yourself some grace!

The Funderburks said...

That sounds great! I've been to Chicago! Check out my post about it at http://funderburks.blogspot.com/2008/08/our-chicago-trip.html and you'll be good to go! Yo u have to try Al's Beef and deep dish pizza!