I did make it through finals, with flying colors in fact! It wasn't too difficult, the hardest part was buckling down and getting down what still needed to be done. I am happy to have those classes in the past, because let's be honest...there were definitely some classes I enjoyed more than others!
Christmas Break was one to remember! It was definitely different this year with my brother David serving in the Dominican Republic, and my sister Allie being married. Allie and her husband Dave came down to New Harmony for Christmas, and it was so much fun to have them there. We all "slept" upstairs in the TV Room (family tradition). We were all exhausted, but Dave wouldn't let Megan, Allie, and Me go to sleep becuase apparently in their family its tradition for the kids to stay awake all night! Well Allie and Meg quickly lost sight of his family tradition and I was the poor soul that ended up staying awake half the night keeping him company! It was really fun to chat with him, and get to know my new brother in law better!
A new semester of school has begun, and its my last one! This reality hasn't really hit yet. It is hard to accept that next fall I won't be coming back to SUU. I am just working on trying to figure out what I want to do with my life after college. It is a question I am asked everyday, which illicits the same response... I am not sure yet. I am still trying to figure it out. I want to work at the University level in Student Affairs. We'll just have to see!
This last weekend I had the opportunity to go with my friends Amy and Mark Edwards to Last Vegas to help campaign for Mitt Romney's campaign! Saturday was the Nevada Caucuses and there was a lot to do to help out. We arrived in Vegas by about nine Friday morning, and spent the day at Romney's volunteer headquarters. When we walked in, they handed us a cell phone and gave us lists of names to call and find out if they are planning to attend their Caucus, and whether or not they were in support of Romney. We spent the majority of the day making calls. It was interesting! I have my share of weirdos and interesting phone calls. One person wanted to talk religion in light of the attention Mitt Romney's LDS faith is receiving. We did take a break for lunch, and Amy and I took another early evening break to the outlet stores to rest from the dull headaches we were beginning to get because of phone calling all day. Faithful Mark stayed and continued to call while we got a little TLC from the Las Vegas Outlet Stores. That night before we left the headquarters Ann Romney, Mitt's wife made an appearance to voice here support in her husband and his important platforms. It was exciting to meet her.

Saturday morning began at the Headquarters at 6:30 AM! They divded the volunteers into groups to spread out to the various caucuses that would be help across Las Vegas. As we were assigned to Palo Verde High School we heard whisperings that the caucus we were going to be helping at was the one that Mitt Romney had decided to make an appearance. We were anxious to see if the rumors were true! When we got to the school the media and voters were beginning to gather, and after a couple of mintes of being at the school we saw Mitt Romney himself walk up the sidewalk and greet the slowly gathering crowd. It was crazy, but so exciting. Everyone had their cameras in hand and took pictures of the future Presidential hopeful. There was a girl that when greeted by Romney asked if she could have her picture taken with him, and he graciously agreed. After that everyone in the crowd seemed to feel they had received permission to do the same. I decided I wanted to be a part of the picture fest so I nudged my way toward Mitt Romney, and when my change finally came I asked for a picture with him!


He once again kindly accepted and I had my 45 seconds of glory. It was intense with all the media and people surroudning him. I decided that I never would run for President, and would never want my husband to run for President of the United States. WAY too much pressure!
After Romney's appearance Amy, Mark, and I went inside the high school to help by being poll watchers in the caucuses. Just making sure the process was done correctly. It was interesting to see how caucuses function, because Utah hold Primaries instead. After the caucus was finished we drove to downtown Las Vegas and went to the GOP results celebration where it was announced that Romney won by a 30 point margin! Which was the highest in all of the caucuses and primaries up until that point. That really was a fun expereience! Now I have the political fever in my blood and am excitedly following the race! So GO ROMNEY!

Well, this blog ended up being a lot longer than I intended! I love these mornings when I get up and go to the gym at six, and am back by seven but don't have class til ten! Trust me...I am taking it easy my last semester! I better go get ready for class, so PEACE OUT!
8 comments:
Pace!
Way to go! You are the coolest person I know. It is great to see your smiling face, along with Mitts! I miss ya tonz. I thought you might like this http://granderplan.blogspot.com/
it is our family blog. Take care we will see you in May!
That is awesome Pace! Looks like you had a blast hob-knobin with all the fancy peoples you know! Glad to see that you're blogging again...cough, cough!
Pace face!
Love your post and your life! Glad to hear all is well! Can't wait to see you and play next weekend!
Luvs!
We must be blogging friends! Find us at www.funderburks.blogspot.com
It's been a month without a new blog - can I complain yet? So much time has elapsed that Romney is out of the race! I'm BORED!
I echo Kara's sentiment. Update this thing already!
That is so cool! That is definitely a once in a lifetime experience. ROCK ON!
PS Miss you!
PACERS!!!!! What the heck are ya doing?!?!? I didn't know you had a blog!! However, you do need to update this thing a little more! This is Tiffany, by the way...it was good to see ya at the C.M. concert & CONGRATS again on graduating!!! Keep in touch will ya? Good Luck!!! Love ya!!!www.burtntiffschmidt.blogspot.com
Post a Comment