It is finally feeling like Christmas now that it is officially December 1st! I spent the weekend up in Timberlakes area above Heber City, Utah for the Governor's Honors Academy Reunion, and much to my delight there was snow everywhere! I do have to say at this point that I was extremely happy to not be the one behind the wheel, and that the vehicle I was in was 4-wheel drive! Myself, Liz Day, Quinn Mortensen, Dave Smailes, Casidy Swallow, and about 20 high school kids spend the night in a beautiful cabin. It felt like a winter wonderland as we basked in the warmth of the cabin that was in the middle of a glorious snow storm!
When I got home this evening I was thrilled to see that my roommate Kate had launched the Christmas cheer by beginning to decorate our house with garlands, lights, and ornaments. She even carved a leftover pumpkin with a christmas tree on the front. So as I am sitting here in front of the fireplace in my warm apartment I can't help but think how much I absolutely love this time of year! People tend to be more kind and loving, just taking the time to remember who Christmas is all about. I love being with the family and reminicing past holiday memories. I must confess that this is the first year of my entire life that I started listening to Christmas music a couple weeks before Thanksgiving, which is something that went against my every belief in past years. But this year I realized that this time of year is meant to be enjoyed and music seems to be at the very core of that!
I hope that I can hang on to this Christmas spirit, to get myself through the next two weeks of school! After that that holidays are mine to enjoy to the fullest! There really isn't anything anyone can complain about! So until next time!
Hattie
2 weeks ago
3 comments:
glad you had fun at the GHA reunion... so close again and you didn't stop. Sad.
GHA reunion? I'm jealous... Guess what I just found out, one of my friends out here is cousins to Drape-juice...it's a small world!
Good luck with finals! You're almost done!
Post a Comment