I am not so good at keeping my blog updated. I started it with the best of intentions, but then my two and a half weeks of midterms hit, and this was pushed to the back burner. The only thing I can say is I will try and be better! I am now one quarter of the way finished with my senior year of college. This poses many exciting and terrifying thoughts and feelings! Graduating from college never felt like something that would ever happen, but now the light is at the end of the tunnel and I am starting to worry about what I am going to end up doing. It feels like my entire life is going to change! I am trying to weigh the options of getting out in the the working world and finally earning some decent money (anything above $6 an hour seems decent to me!) or continuing school for two more years and working towards a master's degree at the University of Utah. Honestly, I have never wanted to get a master's, but now the option is in front of me and I am trying to figure out what to do. The decisions can't be taken lightly!
Basketball season at SUU started this last week and it looks to be a lot better season than the football team had! I went to the game on Wednesday night and Friday night, and the T-Birds walked away with wins both times. I think I will be a regular fan this season!
This last Wednesday was Halloween, and a fun day it was! We had our Presidential Ambassador weekly meeting in which we did a little bit of celebrating. It was hilarious to see all the PAs dress up in their costumes (the image of Jon McNaughtan and Mark Taylor as mermen will always be burned into my memory!). We took the opportunity to do a little bit of service by going can-o-treating in the surrounding neighborhoods collecting 800 cans of food for the Care and Share and HOPE Pantry. It was fun to see peoples reactions when they saw college kids dressed up on their door steps instead of little kids dressed in costumes!
That night was fun with the opening men's basketball game. After the game, Jordan Ellis and Ryan Bowler and I were determined to do something fun for Halloween! We really wanted to drive out in the middle of nowhere and watch a scary movie in the back of Ryan's truck. But unforunately, Ryan's truck was at the body shop, so we had to scratch that idea. Instead we decided to pull out the couches into "The Boys" (Jon, Mark, Carl, Josh, Tony, Dirk, and Mike's Place) backyard. Jordan had the Stephen King movie "Tommyknockers" that we decided looked scary enough for our Halloween night adventure. So covered with layers of blankets we watched the movie, and three hours later we decided it was probably more of a waste of time than anything. At 1:30 AM we went home a little dissatisfied that the movied was more on the lame side than the scary side. But there were sure some good one liners!
Yesterday was Distinguished Scholars Day at SUU, where we hosted 89 gifted high school students and their parents on campus. This is always one of my favorite recruiting events because we all get to dress up in our dresses or suits! I love seeing the guys in their nice suits because, dang they look good!
This morning Hali Nielson, Jess Bess, and I threw Caytee Cox a bridal shower. It was a lot of fun for the girls to all get together and talk about Caytee's upcoming wedding. I am sure if any man had the opportunity to look in on such an occasion they would definitely learn more than they probably ever needed to know about women!
Well, all in all life is great and I am happy with everything going on! I will try and be better at keeping updated! So, until then...peace out!
Hattie
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
YAY! Pace updated her blog! I only had to come all the way to Cedar City to get her to do it! :) Kidding...thanks for such a fun weekend. It was so good to see you gals and catch up. Have a good week.
Oh...and don't stress about life after college. Things always have a way of working themselves out. I promise; it's a good time :) Luv ya!
Heck ya! The bridal shower was a hit. Thanks for all you did to organize it. You are such a great friend! Sure do love ya!
Post a Comment